Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Welcome to the hectic years

Hi, I'm Mindi.


And this is our Hectic Life.


Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Fog



Lately it feels like I have been living in a fog.

A cold quiet mist surrounds me with a veil that blocks the path ahead of me and the one that I left behind.  It is cold here and I shiver, confused and alone.  I am searching and searching and longing for a hand to materialize from the mist, to feel the firm grip in mine, to pull me through the valley towards higher ground.  To help me climb the hill to where the sun will be shining on my face, burning away the mist that consumes me.

But my outstretched hand is left untouched.  As I reach for something, someone, some way out, the tips of my fingers disappear in the fog.  And they touch nothing but the ever present chill of the air.  I have stumbled so many times from the journey, from not knowing my path that my knees are bleeding profusely from scraping against the rocks.

 It triggers a memory of when I was a young girl.  I have never been the most agile of creatures and much to the chagrin of my parents would often fall and skin my knees.  I vividly recall one Sunday after church when we were visiting the fountain at the mall.  I was decked out in tights and shiny black shoes, and somehow I wound up scraping myself on the sides of the fountain and I looked down to see the bright swath of red blood on my snowy white tights.  I was embarrassed then, because although I wore a fancy dress and shiny shoes, I knew that everyone would find out I was a fraud.  I wasn’t a pretty little girl in a dress but a tomboy who couldn’t walk a straight line without running into everything in her way.  I carry those scars on my knees to this day, the scars of a girl who couldn’t help but stumble every time she tried to run.

I am feeling the sting of disappointment.  I have come so far, I have tried so hard for so very long.  I have held onto Faith, Hope, the belief that something great was right around the corner.  I honestly believed that when I got to where I am now the puzzle of my life would start clicking into place.  But so far the fog has gotten heavier, denser, and my fear of making a mistake even greater.

Where do I go from here?  And how do I get there?

A while ago I stopped picturing what my life was going to be because it had gotten so blurry I simply couldn’t see.  The vision I had of my future has been erased.  I used to think that was fine because now I had a blank slate on which to write a new story, a new tale, but that tale has long since lost its appeal.  It is very hard to write a new story when you can’t find your pen.  And the inspiration has left you somewhere between a shattered dream and heart wrenching pain.

Oh how I long for the climb to be over.  I need to rest, I need to find the light that I have been searching for.  The hand to pull me through.  I need to feel the rough palm enveloping mine, the sure grip of one who knows where to go, helping me get to where I need to be.  I have been trying to carry the weight of our future on my own and the burden is just too great.  I still have Faith and Hope and Belief in something greater, but they have blurred like the view around me.  They too, are shrouded in the fog.

I have to find my way soon.  I have to feel the warmth of the sun on my face and my heart.  I have to know that I have not been walking circles in the valley, or walking towards the edge of a cliff that drops to jagged rocks down below.

Soon, I need His hand to pull me through.

6 comments:

Unknown March 18, 2013 at 4:41 AM  

What a beautiful piece of writing.

Sarah March 18, 2013 at 4:53 AM  

You've masterfully captured your need and your feelings of loss. My heart grows weary for you. I will be praying for a lamp for your feet. And that you can feel His shoulders under your bum that you may know you are carried.
I am sometimes encouraged that while I can't see far enough to write my dreams. I can remember enough to write of His faithfulness. Maybe that is what He is trying to teach dreamers.
I love you and will be praying even more for you as you go through this fog.

Nancy's Notebook March 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM  

Reach out and let Jesus take your hand and walk you through the mist of fog. This life is so hard but as believers we know we are never, ever out of God's abounding love. Humans fail us, disappoint us, make us angry and sad. Jesus is the precious Lamb of God and in Him we have all we need. As the sting of life burns look in the eyes of your children and know that they love you, need you and call you blessed. You are not alone. I will pray that you will hope in the LORD and know that the LORD will renew your strength so that you will soar on wings like eagles; you will run and not grow weary and walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

mindi March 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM  

Thank you Nancy and Sarah, I appreciate the encouragement. One day I will learn to fully trust God. I need to. Prayers are always welcome.

Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM  

This is important as many nutritionists recommend NOT eating from
just one food group but to create meals involving all food groups.
But is the" wobbling" Amanda refers to actually a
sign that your body will thrive on, with nothing causing you unnecessary
damage.

Feel free to visit my site - paleo vegetarian

Anonymous April 30, 2013 at 4:18 AM  

I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with your website.
It appears like some of the text in your posts are running
off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too?

This might be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Appreciate it

my web blog airplanes games


View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP