Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Welcome to the hectic years

Hi, I'm Mindi.


And this is our Hectic Life.


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spoiled

I wasn't looking forward to my birthday this year. It fell on a Monday (yesterday), and I had to work.
I was turning another year older, when I already feel old enough. I mean seriously - I have two college degrees and four kids. I don't think I can claim to be 25 anymore!!
I honestly thought that the day would go by fairly quietly, with a simple Happy Birthday and a card or two.

Thankfully, I was wrong.

Though unheard of in Indiana, in the winter, it was almost 70 yesterday. It was awesome. The kids woke up immediately telling me Happy Birthday and acting super excited. It was adorable.

Kevin surprised me by sending flowers to work. Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated.

20101123_4640

They picked out a cake for me.

20101123_4631

And the kids were jumping for joy when they got a chance to eat it. Seriously, the even cleaned the house first. That was awesome.

20101123_4666

20101123_4664

20101123_4659

20101123_4656

Even Apollo hung out in the kitchen, waiting for crumbs to drop to the floor.

20101123_4651

After work we headed south and ate at Texas Roadhouse (my favorite place to eat out with the kids), and then stopped at Kohls to buy me a new outfit.

Unbeknownst to me I already had a birthday gift waiting at home.
A shiny new bread-maker that I can't wait to use! My old one, that was a wedding gift over 12 years ago, stopped working this past weekend.

Kevin and the kids spoiled me, and made me feel loved and appreciated. Having another birthday was totally worth it.

Even if it DID mean turning another year older :)

2 comments:

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 1:06 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous December 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Voglio solo dire che un grande blog รจ arrivato qui! Sono stato in giro per un bel po 'di tempo, ma finalmente deciso di mostrare il mio apprezzamento per il vostro lavoro! Thumbs up, e andare avanti!


View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP