Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Welcome to the hectic years

Hi, I'm Mindi.


And this is our Hectic Life.


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crazy

Crazy is the word I would use to describe our life right now. Certifiably nuts.
And for some insane reason, we're refinancing our mortgage RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
Just to add to our already overloaded schedule.
But that's okay, I'm remembering to breathe, to feel the joy that this season brings. And you know what?
I love my family. I really, truly do. I love having Kevin home, here with us almost every day. I don't take it for granted.
This morning we woke up late, and in the middle of rushing around attempting to get ourselves and four kids dressed, Kevin grabbed me and wouldn't let me go. For a mere minute, time stood still, and I no longer cared about getting Callie's hair put up or Hunter's homework log signed. I cared only about that moment, a moment in which my husband made me feel needed and loved.
Appreciated.
That's something we all need sometimes, in our lives that are so filled with the chaotic mess of life. We need that moment where time stands still, and we remember what brought us here in the first place.
Love.
He took me back to a time where it was just the two of us, learning to be together, live together, and truly love each other. A simple time.
But as we stood there, in the kitchen, reality set in fairly quickly when I heard Gwen from behind us.
'Ughhhh. Daddy's kissing mommy, again.'

One of these days, she'll get used to it.

And a photo from September, to remind me of a time when it wasn't 7 degrees and snowy. When we could walk outside without losing feeling in our fingers.
Ahhh, those were the days . . .

20100909_0593

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub December 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

I love and treasure those moments too.

Crazy is where it's at right now :) All the cool kids are right there with ya!

Unknown December 8, 2010 at 4:16 AM  

I'm with Andrea....all the cool kids hang out at crazy ;)

Savor those moments...too often I try to rush through them, but life is short and deployments are many....so hang on to your man every chance you get!!


View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP