Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Welcome to the hectic years

Hi, I'm Mindi.


And this is our Hectic Life.


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Project 52

This wasn't my idea, but I love it. I saw it on my3boybarians.com. In 2008 I tried a photo-a-day for 365 days, but I only made it through early July. By the end it was a chore to get a picture up every day, and the fun had completely been stripped from the project.
So when I saw the idea of taking a photo a week, I knew it was something I had to do. A photo a week for 52 weeks - something that will showcase our lives together in 2011. But that wasn't good enough. I thought about it, and decided to go a step further.
I love photography, but I'm a perfectionist. I like the lighting to be perfect, the color to be good, the background to be free from clutter. I love close-ups and real expressions.
But I decided that for this project 52 I would deviate from everything that I am used to so that I can capture our life for what it is. Crazy, chaotic, cluttered. All C letters of course. I have vowed not to worry about lighting if I had a camera and the moment was right. That even if the house hasn't been cleaned, I'll snap a photo to record our daily life. It's going to be hard, and I'll still take my 'great lighting clean background' photos - but for now, this is what I have.
And it is 'us' more than anything else could be.


Our Gingerbread house is still up. Callie thought she was going to eat it.

20110107_5429

Gwen is missing one of her top teeth right now, she lost it the day after Christmas.

20110107_5439

The boys are playing a baseball game they got for Christmas. I love how you can see the silver ball, on it's way to a 'double' so that Hunter can score a run.

20110107_5437

Callie has gotten into the cup and pitcher cabinet since before she could walk. It drives Kevin crazy to always be picking up cups off the floor, or a pitcher.

20110107_5444

Callie is always on the ground looking 'up' at her older siblings. She wants so much to be a part of what they are doing!

20110107_5450



It's a bit more than one photo for the week, but I think it's a good start. Now, just 51 more weeks to go!!

5 comments:

Heather January 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

I love these! And I love the handprint on the fridge - it looks just like mine! :-)

Keri January 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

Love this concept! You'll be so glad you did this years from now! Treasured memories :)

I tired a 365 last year too. I started in October though ( so I guess technically it was in 2008). Made it til summer and then I was just DONE and it died a slow death. Maybe I'll try this too. ONE picture a week does sound doable!

Keri January 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

PS- I like your new background!

Unknown January 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

Awesome idea...I'm going to try the 365 Project Life...so wish me luck!

I love the pictures...they're always amazing!

Angie Groves January 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

I love you pictures. You need the everyday type pictures to remind you of the everyday type events. Like the picture of Callie getting things out of the cabinet and the handprint on the fridge. That photo will remind you years from now of all the times you had to wipe of the smudged prints, but the joy those tiny hand brought you as well.


View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP