Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Welcome to the hectic years

Hi, I'm Mindi.


And this is our Hectic Life.


Saturday, October 16, 2010

me

I like to be on the other side of the camera. ESPECIALLY after having four kids. Two of those kids being over 10lb. Plus, I usually look like I've been hit with a mack truck on the interstate. Seriously.
Still, I want the kids to remember that I was there for them, that I was indeed a part of the chaos that is our life. So I had Gwen take a picture of me with Callie and Apollo, my shadow.
Notice the porch post that has never been painted? I started sanding it to paint it, then we were going to replace them, and that was 6 months ago. Maybe I'll get it done while he is deployed (silent laughter).



And I had Kevin take a pic of me when I was semi-put together. Trust me, if I don't suck my tummy in I look 6 months preggo. And jogging thirty minutes on the treadmill doesn't seem to be helping me out any. But I have to admit, the major sunwash in the photo seems to be hiding most of my mack truck look.




So that's me. In all my tiredness and messy hair that will never stay put. I love photography, horses, dogs (can you tell?) and most of all I love my family. All four kids and the hubby who is gone from home more than he's here. But that's life. Our life.
Now off to pick up Gwen from gymnastics. But I think I should get out of my jammie pants first :)

4 comments:

Keri October 16, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Mindi you are beautiful! Truly.

Gosh, it always stuns me how harshly we women criticize ourselves (especially after having children). I SO do the same thing though. What's wrong with us?!

I really need to make more of an effort to get in the picture more often with the kids, and with J. I remember always avoiding the camera before we were married too and now I look back on the few pics I do have of myself from those years and I WISH I looked like that again, lol. When I'm 50 I'll look back on my 30s and probably laugh that I ever thought I was "fat" or that the(almost non-existent) wrinkles around my eyes were awful...

Loved this article that someone posted on Facebook last week. Talks about the same thing:

http://www.debsphotographs.com/photoblog/2010/05/is-there-a-perfect-time/

PS- Running hasn't shed any pounds for me either, but at least I feel much healthier :)

Sarah October 17, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I love that you thought to include yourself in the family. I am glad that you are posting again! Your family is beautiful, including their mother, and your joy at being together is palpable. Praying for you all!

mindi October 17, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Thanks - but I have to admit, I CRINGE when I see photos of myself :)
Keri, you are so right though and I'm glad you posted that link. Puts things into persepective. The last time we got a 'real' family pic was when Kevin was leaving for Iraq. Now we're due for another one I think! I don't know why we are so hard on ourselves, but when I look in the mirror, I can't help but see all that is wrong with me. Still, I'm going to get into the pics just to prove that I was there with them, something they'll remember years down the road. I wonder why running hasn't worked for you either? I don't feel better yet, but maybe after another month!
Sarah,
Glad to see you here! I've missed posting, so I had to start back up again :) Thanks for the prayers, we definitely need them!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub October 20, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

I have always thought that you are beautiful. And your hair is lovely, no matter if it stays put or not.

Smile, girl! You are gorgeous!


View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP